Gantry Cranes: Where they are used?
Gantry Cranes are used in most areas where heavy lifting of objects is required. A few of them are mentioned below,
- They are used at Construction sites where shifting and moving of building blocks is required.
- Also at harbours, where heavy cargo and boxes need to be moved.
- Gantry cranes are also used for ship building.
- They are used at workplaces where huge bridge cranes cannot be used due to height and weight constraints.
- Gantry cranes are also used at steel plants, mills etc
- Places where induction and maintenance of heavy engines and machinery is required.
- Also at areas, where other overhead cranes, bridge cranes, etc. cannot be put to use.